[Mgs] MGA crankcase ventilation

Stan Fickes spridget at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 13:05:00 MDT 2019

Thanks, Paul!
I concluded when I cranked the motor with no plugs installed and still felt
the pulsing air that it was not a compression issue. For completeness, I
need to try the same thing with the plugs installed, to see if there is a
difference. I just can't think what else would pump air into the
crankcase/rocker cover! I checked the draught tube this afternoon by
squirting some low-pressure air into the rocker cover tube, and felt a
gentle stream of air out the bottom. I should also check that with the
starter motor turning to see if it's consistent between the two tubes.
Thanks!
Stan