[Mgs] Overdrive Diagram - Update 2.0

Jack Wheeler jwheeler1947 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 09:08:42 MST 2019

 Thanks, Paul.  That is helpful.  The problem still exists however, in that the diagram of the relief valve in the manual does not agree with the parts in my overdrive unit.  The picture you attached is like mine.  My question is, if the relief valve were installed improperly, would that cause the overdrive not to engage?  Yesterday, I reversed the plunger to get it in the correct alignment and reinstalled the entire assembly.  I drove it this morning, and it didn't seem to make any difference - the overdrive still did not engage.  Any additional thoughts?  Thanks.
Jack