[Mgs] exhaust stud

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Sun Jan 6 07:40:41 MST 2019

Standard mild steel with brass nuts lasts pretty well, and wouldn't normally be accessed that often.  The last time mine came off was in 2016, the time before that when I fitted the stainless exhaust in 1993 with a restudded (standard studs) cast manifold in place of an extractor manifold and down-pipes.  The nuts came undone and the studs were fine.

  Seeing what rough shape these were in, but of course not knowing the history - these could be from 56 when the car was built - I'm thinking this is a good place for stainless steel?  Or some other more corrosion resistant metal.

  Anyone have any suggestions?  I'm thinking maybe ARP has some such animal?