[Mgs] Brake bleeding

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Tue Nov 20 01:37:28 MST 2018

Longest run to shortest is correct, with the handbrake released to minimise the cavity in the wheel cylinders.  I've always used an EeziBled - at no more than 15psi - to initially fill and bleed both clutch and brake systems, but that has always left the brake pedal long and soft.  It pumps up with a couple of quick strokes, then after a couple of seconds goes long and soft again - i.e. still some air in.  The second step is for someone to press down very hard on the pedal, then I rapidly open and close a caliper nipple, first one side then the other.  That always blasts more air out and after that it is fine.  The front of the car needs to be slightly higher than the rear.

But if just replacing fluid on an otherwise working system then an EeziBleed and opening each nipple in turn until the fluid runs clear should be all that is needed.

  I am new to MGs but not British cars. I have read posts that seem to indicate that bleeding the brakes on my 67B is not as straight forwatd as say my big Healey. So could someone provide directions of the proceedure? I would start with cyl farthest away and work my way to the front.