[Mgs] Was: coil; now wiring issues

Max Heim mvheim at sonic.net
Sat Aug 4 15:07:33 MDT 2018

The new turn signal switch from Moss was packaged with a handy color conversion chart to help get the wires hooked up correctly. I suppose the issue is that it was used in Spridgets as well, although I thought BMC used standardized wiring codes in that period.

Anyway, now that I can compare a known good unit, it is obvious what the problem was. The spring under the outer contact had come loose, and was lodged behind it sideways. So it provided a certain amount of support at one end, but no spring pressure at all. To fix this would probably require complete disassembly of the switch component, which as I noted is pretty brittle.

A new solid state SU pump solved the fuel issue, as well.

I am about to try to start it up. I was charging the battery while having a bit of lunch. Wish me luck.

Sent from my iPad