[Mgs] Was: coil; now wiring issues

Max Heim mvheim at sonic.net
Wed Aug 1 20:24:48 MDT 2018

I went to the extent of running a hot lead directly from the battery to the junction under the dash for the G/W connection to the TS switch. And both the front and rear RH lamps lit up.

As far as I can figure, it is a mechanical issue with the switch. The “RH” (actually, upper) end of the inner floating brass contact on the moving part of the switch does not seem to have enough spring pressure to contact the GW contact. The other end of this floating contact seems to do just fine. Considering how brittle the plastic is, I gave up and ordered a new unit.

Oh, and I figured out the reason why the flasher continues to click. Doh! I have an electronic flasher because I have LED front and rear lamps installed. Forgot about that. It will click regardless.

--
Max Heim
'66 MGB