[Mgs] MGB Question

Eric J Russell ejrussell at mebtel.net
Thu Mar 2 13:15:24 MST 2017

No O-ring, that groove is how oil is distributed to the rear camshaft
bearing and also up to the cylinder head/rocker shaft. The engine rear plate
seals up the hollow chamber at the end of the cam.

See: http://www.mgaguru.com/mgtech/engine/of101.htm (written for the MGA but
applies to the MGB also.)

Eric Russell
Mebane, NC