[Mgs] Help with some door panel questions

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Tue May 26 01:22:51 MDT 2015

The finishers round the rectangular handles just slide into place from above and below.  You do need to press the panel in firmly to avoid tearing the vinyl, and a cool day is better than a very warm one.  Also if someone had replaced the original fibre-board backing with something more substantial that can make the job more difficult.

On my 73 and 75 there is just the plastic piece that goes in the 'keyhole' in the door card, then the nose of that pushes into the hole in the door.  Other liners are screwed directly to the body panels.  Earlier door cards that were held in with screws may well have had plastic sockets that pushed into the door holes, then the screws went into those.  Some liners elsewhere on the car e.g. GT C-post covers have spring-clips attached to the cards, then push into holes in the body panels.  Other versions of those may push into plastic sockets in the body panels.

  I am replacing the door panels on my 1971 MGB, and have a couple of questions.  ...