[Mgs] mga MkII deluxe front wheel spindle distance piece

Gordie Bird mg_garage at comcast.net
Wed Jun 10 07:04:51 MDT 2015

The MGA does not use shims like the MGB

----- Original Message -----

From: "PaulHunt73 via Mgs" <mgs at autox.team.net>
To: crk at godblessthe.us, mgs at autox.team.net
Sent: Wednesday, June 10, 2015 3:55:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Mgs] mga MkII deluxe front wheel spindle distance piece

If it's like the MGB you put selective shims between the outer bearing and the distance piece so that when the nut is tightened to between 40 and 70 ft lb there is .002" to .004" free play in the bearings. This may help - but I emphasise it is for the MGB http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/suspensiontext.htm#endfloat
PaulH,