[Mgs] 70 Fuel Pump question

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Wed Jun 10 03:53:26 MDT 2015

If the pump is continually chattering then fuel isn't getting through to fill the float chamber, shut the float valves, and pressurise the system to shut off the pump.  But if you only get the occasional tick as normal then something else is wrong.

First take a fuel delivery pipe off a carb, direct it into a container, and switch on the ignition.  It should deliver at least one Imperial pint per minute and in practice more than double that, in a continual series of pulses with minimal bubbling.

That will tell you whether you need to go back towards the pump etc., or forwards to the carbs etc.

  So I installed a new OEM SU this morning, purchased from Moss. Started right up, pulled out of the garage and it stopped running and won’t start now. I get the “ticks” but not sure why no fuel, gas is in the tank?