[Mgs] Alignment tool

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Tue Jul 28 01:06:00 MDT 2015

You don't say anything about rolling the car back and fore so you use the same point on the tyre for both measurements.  If you don't do that, but measure different points on the tyre, you are dependent on the shape and fitment of the tyre.

  I have the same alignment tool.   Place the tool behind the front wheels and set the pointer to zero.   Then place the tool in front of the front wheels and the pointer should indicate toe in of 1/16" ( I think this is the spec -  check you manual).  Make sure that your steering wheel is centered.  If the toe in is not within spec, turn the tie rod ends on each side equally until you have the correct measurement.  Lots of trial and error involved.  It may take you a while to get it correct.