[Mgs] First drive of the year/Fuel smells

Aaron Whiteman awhitema at panix.com
Thu Apr 16 08:59:24 MDT 2015

> On Apr 15, 2015, at 6:31 AM, Paul Root via Mgs <mgs at autox.team.net> wrote:
>
> I got my MG out a couple weeks ago, then it turned cold again, so it sat in the garage. Yesterday I thought about driving it to work, but the rear right tire was a little flat, it has a nail or something. And other excuses made me go to the daily driver.

With the early spring and lack of winter in the Northwest this year, I’m now on the second tank of the year. I still haven’t made any longer trips, so I haven’t yet gotten the chance to really find out what new quirks I have to fix appeared as she slumbered between October and February.

The only thing really wrong right now is that my trunk smells of gasoline. Not a lot, but it’s there. The tank is new (one of those Canadian made nickel-plated tanks), but the plumbing isn’t. I suspect the filler neck is cracked. Any other likely candidates? It’s not overwhelming, but it’s enough that if I leave a shirt in the boot overnight, it has to be aired out for a while before I can stand to wear it.