[Mgs] [MG-MGB] MGB Mk1 roadster seat belts

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Thu Apr 9 01:25:46 MDT 2015

I'd misread your post and thought it was more forward on earlier cars, as I have a 73 with rigid stalks and they barely reach past the seat back, seat in about the mid-position http://www.paulhunt73.webspace.virginmedia.com/mgb-stuff/images/scover35.jpg.  My mounting points are 5" from the junction of the heelboard and the floor though, probably 4" forwards from the earlier position.   I thought the stalks today looked pretty long, so imagined they would hold the lap part away from the body.  That won't be the case in the earlier car, but probably would in mine.

  I didn't either till I started researching seat belts that would fit. When the retractable belts were standardized on US cars, the tunnel point moved forward about a foot from the earlier position at the very rear. This allowed the fitment of the rigid stalk type receiver.

  When specifying the belt set currently sold under 222-216, I had the rigid stalk extended so it could be used on the earlier cars as well as later.

  Kelvin.