[Mgs] Opinion on seats

Barrie Robinson barrie at look.ca
Wed Apr 8 09:00:38 MDT 2015

Hello Max,

A small thought !   I was suffering from
posterior ache when driving for over an
hour.  When I had the seats done (1970) I had the
chap put in 3" of memory foam -WOW what a difference !!!!!! No more aches

At 04:56 PM 4/7/2015 -0700, Max Heim via Mgs wrote:
>Here’s a question
 My project car came with a
>set off 1970-71 seats. The upholstery and foams
>were beyond repair, but I was intrigued by the
>frames. They have a locking backrest and a handy
>backrest adjustment, neither of which are
>features of my 66 seats. Not to mention a
>provision for headrests (unfortunately not
>included). I was thinking of restoring them with
>the Moss deluxe leather seat kits, which have
>more of a vintage look than the stock
>replacements. I was already going to install
>shoulder belts on this car (my co-drivers are
>tired of being tossed around on my backroad
>forays), so going to solid backrests with
>headrests is just a further step toward some
>degree of safety. It’s not quite authentic,
>but this build is going to be a Frankenstein,
>anyway. And it’s absolutely a rally driver and
>not a show car. Anyone have experience with
>these later seats pro or con? And does anyone
>have a set of used “eared” headrests
>(1970-76)? They can be tatty since I would be
>recovering them. -- Max Heim '66 MGB GHN3L76149
>If you're near Menlo Park, CA, it's the primer
>red one with chrome wires And now 67 MGB
>GHN3U137949G Old English White, off-premises for
>restoration

Regards,
Barrie

Barrie Robinson                         Go with the flow - but paddle hard
MGB GT V8 in concours condition
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII under restoration
www.AMFClub.com
www.britcot.com
www.vectisgroup.ca
barrie at look.ca