[Mgs] Opinion on seats

Max Heim mvheim at sonic.net
Tue Apr 7 17:56:19 MDT 2015

Here’s a question…

My project car came with a set of 1970-71 seats. The upholstery and foams were beyond repair, but I was intrigued by the frames. They have a locking backrest and a handy backrest adjustment, neither of which are features of my 66 seats. Not to mention a provision for headrests (unfortunately not included).

I was thinking of restoring them with the Moss deluxe leather seat kits, which have more of a vintage look than the stock replacements. I was already going to install shoulder belts on this car (my co-drivers are tired of being tossed around on my backroad forays), so going to solid backrests with headrests is just a further step toward some degree of safety.

It’s not quite authentic, but this build is going to be a Frankenstein, anyway. And it’s absolutely a rally driver and not a show car.

Anyone have experience with these later seats pro or con?

And does anyone have a set of used “eared” headrests (1970-76)? They can be tatty since I would be recovering them.

--
Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149