[Mgs] MGA Guru Is Going Mobile

Barney Gaylord barneymg at mgaguru.com
Sat May 17 23:38:47 MDT 2014

10 days since last message.  After 2 nights in Burlington, WI
(wonderful weather), we headed back to Illinois to visit older
brother #1 for one night, then on to Hanna Indiana, to visit older
brother #2.  Stayed 4 nights through the weekend, more relatives
dropping in for Mother's Day.  On Monday 5/12 back to Chicago area to
pack up the MG Tech encyclopedia set for shipping, ultimately
destined for Germany.  Tuesday ship the books, then visit daughter at
her new temporary digs in Lisle, IL.

Wednesday and Thursday 5/14-5/15 travel east (rain, rain, rain) to
Arlington, Virginia area, but missed a visit with an MG friend (not
available at last minute).  Lightning storm would not allow us to
camp Thursday night (last minute issue) but took the opportunity to
visit a laundromat.  Impossibe to drive in torential rain, ended up
sleeping in the car, discovering it leaks badly where rag top meets
windscreen at top of side curtains.  Also some leak under the dash
that might be from the wper spindes (maybe).

Early Friday found us at McDonalds taking advantage of their Wyfi
link for internet access (getting to be a habit) while we tried to
dry out some.  Then take care of some personal business, miss a visit
with another MG friend (also not available at last minute), but have
a pleasant and (finally) dry night camping in a county park campground.

Saturday 5/17 more liesure less travel, culminating in a nice visit
and stay over with MGA enthusiast Geoff Howard in Ashburn, VA.  Took
advantage of the opportunity to do an oil change for my
MGA.  Starting Sunday 5/18 will likely begin a casual drive down
Skyline Drive and Blueridge Parkway.  If no other plans we may be as
far south as Georgia soon.  Anyone have any suggesitons?

Barney Gaylord
http://MGAguru.com