[Mgs] MGA Guru Is Going Mobile

Jim Juhas james.f.juhas at snet.net
Mon May 5 18:10:00 MDT 2014

Barney,

I wish you the best of luck and congratulations on doing retirement
well.  I look forward to seeing your periodic updates, and you can
expect to hear from me from time to time as my MGA  racing interest
continues.

On that note, I want you to know that I just installed my second Barney
Gaylord Rear Oil Seal on a mildly-prepared race engine.  The first one
has withstood the rigors of enthusiastic racing in VSCCA since I
installed it in 2010.  The bottom end of that engine, a 1622, has a fair
share of race hours on it so it was time for some R&R.  Nevertheless,
the inside of the bell housing remains cleaner and drier than most I
have seen.

The new engine is a 1600 with similar attributes.

It's a wonderful thing to have the oil stay in the engine, except for
that little bit that gets past the front MGB seal.

Thank you for your contribution to my race effort.

Jim

--

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of james_f_juhas.vcf]