[Mgs] MGA Guru is going mobile

Barney Gaylord barneymg at mgaguru.com
Fri May 2 02:00:29 MDT 2014

I've been rather quite for a few days, so I thought I'd drop a note
before going quiet for a few more days.  Very busy here, preparing to
empty the house this weekend.  I also just banged out a dent in the
MGA LR fender and repainted it, as well as straightening one trailer
fender and repainting both.  Nice to get one last hurrah from my
workshop before giving it up.  Not so nice that it took a few days I
didn't really have to spare.

MGA laid up Monday through Thursday AM, good to be out for a run
today.  I rented a 8x20 ft locker (shipping container) to be set up
with lots of shelving and nearly all of my tools (for now anyway).  I
hope most of the larger furniture goes off to a resale shop so I
don't have to rent a second locker.  Thursday my little trailer
(22-cu-ft) and MGA will move several (disassembled) workstation
tables to the locker to be stacked for large shelving, also a lot of
shelving from the garage, and maybe some stuff that will go on the
shelves in storage.

Will rent moving truck for Saturday-Sunday, move more stuff to the
locker, larger furniture to resale shop, about 1000 pounds of iron
and other metals to the junk yard for recycling (and some
cash).  Truck may also be helping my daughter relocate some stuff to
her storage locker.  Need to rent a PO Box and forward mail, order
cut-off for gas, electric, and the old land line phone.  Early Monday
morning we're outta here.  A day or two later I should have more time
check in again after the dust settles.

No time to reply individually to all of the well wishers, but I am
keeping a spread sheet for all the folks who might like a visit if I
travel their way.  A few questions have popped up, like no, Arlington
VA is not what you might think, just a little business
transaction.  And no time for a garage sale (unfortunately).

One thing I need to mention.  Since my MG Tech encyclopedia set
(printed) is too large to travel with me, it would like to find a new
home.  I don't want to put it in storage, because it will begin to go
obsolete as soon as I stop printing the updates.  This is the printed
copy of all 3000+ web pages in the MG Tech section of my web
site.  It is 15 volumes of 2-1/2-inch D-ring binders, photo here:
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/mg_tech3.jpg (plus two more volumes).  It
is up to date (current) as of today May 2, 2014.  I would sell it now
for the cost of the binders alone, about $100, plus cost of shipping
(if it needs to be shipped).  It will be about 100 pounds in two
large boxes (50 pounds each), so estimate shipping cost
accordingly.  I'm going to miss these books (almost as much as I will
miss the workshop).  Time for a toast to old friends.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com