[Mgs] B/GT light switch

Carr&Edwards scvc70 at epix.net
Thu Mar 13 20:09:22 MDT 2014

Well, to get back to the original thread [ignoring the detour to 'inadequate
heater/defroster']:

After more time flat on my  back under the dash [driver's seat having been
removed], with the help of a very small flashlight and a dental mirror so I
could see the bottom of the switch, I discovered that the wire clip holds
only the switch bezel in place (the four lugs on the bezel's sides are
irrelevant).  The switch itself is pushed into the bezel from the front of
the dash, and is held in place by two lugs, one on the top and one on the
bottom of the switch.  It's possible to push the bottom lug upward with a
small screwdriver just enough to get it started into the bezel opening; then
the top one can be pushed down with a finger enough to free the switch and
push it forward and out.

Sarah Carr
'71 B/GT in PA