[Mgs] B/GT light switch

PaulHunt73 paulhunt73 at virginmedia.com
Thu Mar 13 06:38:22 MDT 2014

I may have missed your drift, but adding a relay to the fan circuit won't
change the situation if the fan has been connected the wrong way round and
you connected it the same way.  Try reversing the fan connections, and
whichever way obviously works best is the way to go.  Early cars possibly
prior to 1970 seem to have a shunt-wound motor which isn't polarity
sensitive.

While I was installing relays for headlamps and signals, I installed one for
the fan motor, but found it made no difference in motor speed. Perhaps I
found the one circuit that worked as it did new.
    Felt, then, is the thing for me to check. There is a bit of a rattle at
the bottom of the heater box, and the cable is becoming stiff to operate, so
it is time to have a look.