[Mgs] [MG-MGB] Oil filter sealing

Paul Root ptroot at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 08:34:56 MDT 2014

Wow, that's significant.

I have noticed it being harder to get the filter seating properly the last
few times.
Now I have something to check when I get the car out this spring. I think I
still have an old one with stripped treads. Maybe I'll look at that sooner.
And I know just the thing to check with. My kid has been in the shop the
last few weeks wood working. And he needed some plexiglass. He's ruined a
couple of pieces that would be just the perfect size to set down on the
filter head.

Yesterday was 42F, we Minnesotans had forgotten the thermometer  went that
high. I was ready to put the top down and go for a drive. Unfortunately,
the car is 20 miles away in a pole barn that probably has 5 feet of snow in
front of it.