[Mgs] [MG-MGB] Oil filter sealing

Dan DiBiase d_dibiase at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 10 08:50:02 MDT 2014

Saturday it was 55 here in Central NJ, so I shoveled out the snow (ice) pile
in front of the garage and took the '76B out for a little
spin. Felt good to
drive it again. The roads were all dry and mostly clear of salt. I had started
the car up a couple weeks ago but
wasn't up to getting rid of the ice pile at
that point. It was quite a bit smaller now so only took about 30 minutes of
chopping and
shoveling. With the cheapo Harbor Freight battery tender, the
battery was nice and strong. Disconnected the coil wire and spun the
engine a
few times until the oil pressure gauge moved up, then started her right up.
Ran a little lumpy at first but was good when it

warmed up.

Dan D
'76B,
'65B
Central NJ USA

 From: Paul Root
<ptroot at gmail.com>

Yesterday was 42F, we Minnesotans had forgotten the
thermometer  went that
high. I was ready to put the top down and go for a
drive. Unfortunately,
the car is 20 miles away in a pole barn that probably
has 5 feet of snow in
front of it.