[Mgs] MGB handbrake

scvc70 at epix.net scvc70 at epix.net
Tue Apr 15 15:22:54 MDT 2014

Webre dealing with more of the DPOsb un-handiwork on our b71 B/GT.  The
handbrake is non-functional.  We discovered one piece missing (under the
tunnel, connected to the lever) and replaced that with one from a parts car,
but we wonder whether the whole assemblybincluding the levers attached to
the back of the diff.bwas at one time removed and put back together
incorrectly.  Can anyone point us to a good diagram of the layout?  (The
workshop manual is no help, and while the Moss catalog shows all the parts, it
doesnbt show how they all go together.)  Or have good photos of the set-up?
(Send off-list, please.)

The more we look at this car (which we love) the more webre amazed at how
much has gone wrong with it in (supposedly) only 40K miles!

Thanks in advance,
Sarah Carr
b71 B/GT in PA