[Mgs] cruise control

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Tue Apr 15 02:37:24 MDT 2014

PaulHunt73 wrote:

> Twin carbs should always be exactly the same i.e. be at the same position when stopped, rise to the same position when idling, rise at the same rate and to the same final position when the throttle is opened, and drop back to the lowest position immediately the engine stops.

One would think.  I was working on a car today, an MG TC. The owner said he rebuilt the front carb.  I removed the back
carb, cleaned it up, etc. and put it back on the car. The car had been running poorly. One could raise the piston in
the back carb all the way and the idle would not change.  Suspicious. That cleaning up did not help with the poor running.
But I did notice that with the RPM around 2000 - 2500 the piston in the rear carb was rock steady, but the piston in the
front carb would bounce up and down a bit in time with the misfires.

Must be the ignition.

mjb.