[Mgs] MGA air hoses?

David Breneman david_breneman at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 7 12:56:52 MDT 2012

 From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg at mgaguru.com>

> It is tough to tke a picture
in that area with an assembled car.  I can tell you
> that the original bolt
for the forward P-clip goes through the horizontal air
> pan in the outboard
corner near the body mount.  You need to form the hose to
> fit first, push
it onto the top connector pipe, then position the P-clip and
> install the
bolt last.  It is a lot easier if the grille is not in place at the
> time.
That bolt has given me so much grief over the years that I drilled
> another
hole inboard from the hose and turned the P-clip around to make life

easier.

This is the way mine was done, at the bottom of the page linked
below.
I seem to remember Barney commenting on this a few years ago, but I
don't remember if he said if it's correct or it's somehow wrong...
http://tildebang.com/mg/index34.html