[Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 41, Issue 5

Allen Bachelder bachldrs at airadv.net
Sun Oct 10 12:41:08 MDT 2010

This is the point at which I would stop trying to figure out what's wrong
and just order new studs with the appropriate nuts. Even though your '79 is
relatively "recent" as MGs go, who knows what the "evil PO" has done to your
car. For all we know, your rocker studs could have come from True Value or
Home Depot; perhaps coarse thread with SAE nuts forced on them. Just replace
the studs and get on with life. If the new correct studs strip out in the
head, you may need to install helicoils.

FWIW,
Allen