[Mgs] Tappet cover Question

DONALD TOY dontoy at comcast.net
Thu Jun 24 13:37:56 MDT 2010

Oh Wise Sages,
I'm trying to get rid of the chrome air cleaners and aluminum valve and tappet
covers on my 1954 MG and bring it back to a more original configuration. The
breather pipe from the tappet cover has a strap on it. Mine is at the very end
of the pipe, but it looks like it can be loosened and moved. To what does the
strap attach? I am fearful that if just left clamped at the tappet cover it
will find a way of vibrating loose and end up being one of those interesting
bits of metal I find on my morning runs. (I can never leave a good bungy cord,
or 9/16th's along the road by themselves). Thanks in advance.
Don Toy
1954 MG & Various Swedish Oddities