[Mgs] OT - tornado

Glenn Schnittke g.schnittke at comcast.net
Tue Jun 22 00:00:09 MDT 2010

Dave,

Glad you and your family are okay. I've been through three and a half of
them and they aren't fun. The ones I've been through have made me think
about where to buy a house. I don't know where you are, Dave, but buying
a house on the windward side of a hill from the climatic prevailing
winds is a good idea. I've had two of them jump over my house and land
on the other side and move on. Sheer luck I was living where I was. If
you're living in tornado country it's something to think about.

Now I live in flood country. Nashville. Thankful again, we happened to
buy a house 200 ft. over the level of Percy Priest Lake. If the water
gets as high as us, well, hell, there ain't no Nashville left to worry
about! We're all on our own and in boats. Of course, if a tornado comes
through, we'll be sitting targets because we're on the top of the ridge ...

You pick your battles. Now I'm trying to sell a Series I XJ6 that lives
in flood country. Nashville. Waddya think my chances are? And it's
really a nice car. MG content: the XJ6 kept me getting to work while the
B was under the knife for resto a few years ago. And last week I fried
the electrical system in the B while changing out the brake light
pressure switch. Guess what got me to work. I know it's not very
flattering MG content, but it's MG content and it wasn't the MG's fault.
It was mine.

Glenn

> Subject: [Mgs]  OT - tornado
> To: MG List <mgs at autox.team.net>
>
> This is a bit off topic but might be of interest. A hail storm hit
> yesterday with 2" hail chunks. My Bs are all in the garage except my
> 67BGT which was in the driveway, exposed. It survived undamaged but as

etc. Rest deleted for brevity.
--
Nil desperandum

Glenn Schnittke