[Mgs] B trans question

Max Heim max_heim at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 11 13:54:28 MST 2010

I have the same situation, and I've done it both ways, too. But I find that
aligning the input shaft in the car is a major PITA -- I would much rather
do that on the shop floor or the engine hoist, where I have access to all
sides and can start the bolts easily. I don't see any overall advantage to
pulling just the engine, other than to avoid dealing with the tranny
crossmember bolts (admittedly, this is a pretty big consideration).

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149