[Mgs] Tops, hoods.

Mike Eldred redscirocco at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 12 06:41:48 MST 2010

I'm getting ready to buy a new vinyl top for my '73 Midget, and I'm looking
for some advice on the price to value ratio of some of the commonly available
brands.  I'm looking at:

Ez-on - at $200 this is the least expensive option.  U.S. made, with Haartz
vinyl.

Robbins - I think VB has these on sale for $329 - a company with name
recognition and a good reputation

Coventry - Also on sale, for $359 - OEM for not much more than Robbins.

Now, like most of us, I plan to use the top as little as possible.  Hopefully,
it will spend its summers tucked under the top boot, waiting for winter
storage.  Of course, that's not always possible, so I need a top that keeps
water out of my new interior and doesn't look like a cheap rag for those times
when I get caught out in a shower.  This is a driver, not a concours show car,
and the difference between the Ez-on and the Coventry would buy a lot of other
parts that I need.

So I'm tempted to go for the Ez-on at $200 - does anyone have any experience,
positive or negative, with these tops?

TIA,

-Mike Eldred

'73 Midget