[Mgs] B trans question

Norm nsippel at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 11 13:41:55 MST 2010

Glenn:

My B was a '66 Roadster in which I swapped the old non-synchro 1st gear
4-speed for a '69 all synchro to which an overdrive was added. Sounds like
the same situation as yours.  What am I missing?

I'm really curious about what prevents an engine-only removal in your B.
The only interference I remember was with the front cross-member.  But, with
the front of the trans jacked up, or pulled up as far as it would go, it was
able to be cleared.

I had always heard that it was necessary to remove the trans with the
engine.  But, being a thick-headed German, I decided to try the engine-only
method.  Over the 10 years I had the '66 B, I probably had the engine in &
out a dozen times.

Puzzled in Palm Harbor.
Norm