[Mgs] B trans question

Glenn Schnittke g.schnittke at comcast.net
Sun Jan 10 21:47:07 MST 2010

Norm says;

> Actually, I always found that I was able to R&R JUST the engine.  And, after
> the problem with the t.o. arm, I did that 5-times in one year.  Was able to
> do MGB engine R&R that way in 5 hours flat working alone.  And, I'm not a
> professional mechanic.

The clearance getting my engine *only* out is very close. But it's just
no cigar. I do have to take the engine and trans out as a unit. Mind you
as much as they relied on jigs these cars were still handmade. Like you,
I never had much problem aligning the input shaft and spigot with the
old setup, but I no longer have the room to take out just the engine.
I've tried more than once. I'm also not a professional. I just do it a
lot cause it's enjoyable and my wife knows where I am.

Glenn

--
Tragedy tomorrow, comedy tonight.

			- Psuedolus