[Mgs] MGA FUEL PUMP [now MGB]

Max Heim max_heim at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 10 19:33:45 MST 2010

Before I ran this test, I replaced the fuel filter (at the carbs), and
inspected the screen in the pump (which was clean).

Aaron asked about the gas cap -- since I have had the same gas cap for over
20 years, I really don't suspect it. But I may run the check just the same.

Don asked about the contact points. No, I have not inspected them yet -- the
first step was to establish that the pump was indeed the problem. But I
would be a little surprised if this were a problem on a 3-year-old pump
(well, I suppose it may have been sitting in stock for years before that).
Again, I will have to look -- I will check this while investigating Barney's
suggestion.

Thanks to all for their suggestions.

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149