[Mgs] [MG-MGB] latch problem

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Apr 24 06:26:41 MDT 2010

Hasn't the reddish one lost its bolt-through plate?  That should be welded
to the loop.  It's the distance from those holes to the end of the loop that
is important, not from the ends of the loop.  Only one 'striker' (the
official name of that part) is shown for all years in the Parts Catalogue as
well.  Parts Catalogue pictures can be misleading as to exact shape, it
could well be a generic drawing when there are detail differences in the
actual part for different models.  Having said that on my 75 GT it is
flat-topped, a smidgen under 2.5" from the bottom of the plate to the top of
the loop.  It's also curved in the other orientation, as if to follow the
curve of the boot surround (an unnecessary nicety, I would have thought).
It's not a problem with the seal being too thick, is it?

For the sake of 6-8mm I would have thought you could put an angle in the
flat top of the orange part, like there is in the red one, maybe filing the
holes out a bit more as well.