[Mgs] completely OT - USB Turntables, DAK, CD's and LP's

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Mar 23 07:51:20 MST 2009

A couple of years ago we were sitting outside a pub enjoying a pint on a warm
sunny day and someone was showing-off his then new mobile with video, audio
and goodness knows what else (someone else had one with a spirit-level, for
heavens sake).  The audio reproduction was absolutely rubbish, and I thought
to myself, here we are, well over 100 years on and the latest technology, and
we end up with something that sounds like a wax cylinder.  I do mainly listen
to digital these days, but on occasion when I play original vinyl the warmth
and presence is astounding.