[Mgs] How to bleed master cylinder?

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed May 28 01:59:36 MDT 2008

With a dual-circuit system I don't see how you can bleed with the pedal unless
both circuits have an open bleed nipple, as the pressure from one circuit will
prevent the pedal from moving far enough to bleed the other properly.  Try
constant pressure bleeding like the EeziBleed, or opening both circuits, but
then you would probably need Speedbleeders for that.  having said that it
wasn't long ago that someone had a similar problem and it turned out to be
defects inside the master.  And if no fluid at all comes out of that port with
the pipe disconnected, then it does look like a problem inside the master.

  My '79 B (with boosted brakes and the brake pressure sensor) needs
  its rear brake circuit bled.  After not making any progress with it,
  I traced the problem back to the master cylinder.  When pumping the
  brake pedal no fluid comes out of that port on the master cylinder.