[Mgs] How to bleed master cylinder?

Keith G. kger at plex.com
Tue May 27 10:25:27 MDT 2008

My '79 B (with boosted brakes and the brake pressure sensor) needs
its rear brake circuit bled.  After not making any progress with it,
I traced the problem back to the master cylinder.  When pumping the
brake pedal no fluid comes out of that port on the master cylinder.

Do I need to do anything special to bleed the master cylinder?

The normal brake bleeding procedure, which has always been
relatively easy on this car and not very time-consuming, has not
worked at all this time.  That's what led me back to the master
cylinder.  The front brake circuit appears to be free of air, but the
rears are giving me a fit.

--
Keith G.
1979 B