[Mgs] Bronze valve guide liners

Milton Olson mcolson40 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 19 20:12:00 MST 2008

When I worked for Sealed Power Corporation one of the product lines I was in
charge of was valve guides. We sold a lot of the thin wall bronze valve guide
liners to machine shops throughout the country. They do a very good job of
repairing worn valve guides if they are installed and finished correctly. The
liners that we sold were made by K-Line. I would not be afraid to use them to
repair any cylinder head especially one with integral (non-removable) valve
guides.
If the guides are replaceable such as the guides in my Midget then I would
think that replacing the whole guide would be the way to go. Replacement
guides are available from many sources and many different materials. Precision
Engine Parts in Sun Valley, Calif. may have replacement guides for your
application.

best to all.
Milton
78 MG Midget