[Mgs] Driving lamps on a 70 MGB (Dave Willner)

Paul Hunt paul.hunt1 at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Mar 19 02:01:04 MST 2008

Whilst it is normal (but not essential) to only enable driving/spot lights
when main beam is selected, fog lights need to be enabled when only parking
lights are on.  If you can't have fog lights on unless either dipped or main
beam are on the glare thrown back by the headlights makes the fog lights
useless.

FWIW you can find schematics for the MGB here
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/wn_electricsframe.htm
 and click on 'Lighting' and 'Fog and Spot Lights'.  Relays and fuses are
also essential if you have uprated headlights, see 'Uprated Headlamps' in
the same section.