[Mgs] Best car I've driven

WSpohn4 at aol.com WSpohn4 at aol.com
Tue Dec 2 08:31:30 MST 2008

You are really talking about two different classes of car though, a smaller
nimble but lower powered sports car vs. a grand touring car.  Both have  their
uses.

I don't really have out and out favourites.  For grand touring, it  would
probably be a choice between the Jensen CV-8 with massive brute strength  and
some degree of sophistication, in 60s British style, and the Lamborghini  Islero,
which does pretty much the same job but with high revving refinement  rather
than torque.  The Interceptor functions as the CV-8, but with a bit  more
refinement and a bit less performance.

For sports, my first love will always be the MGA, with a mix of road  balance
and good looks unmatched by later models.

The MGC fits in between and would do double duty as a sports car or relaxed
high speed touring car.

If you want to posit a third category, I have a soft spot for my old Jaguar
Mk 9 in the large barge category.

Bill S.

In a message dated 02/12/2008 7:06:48 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,