[Mgs] Cam Bearings

Dodd, Kelvin doddk at mossmotors.com
Tue Sep 25 10:50:01 MDT 2007

What Bill said.

If the block wasn't cleaned in a corrosive solution, the bearings will
usually be ok. At a first rebuild, I normally leave them alone.
Do a visual inspection to make sure they were not damaged when the cam
was removed.

It's not a job I would bother doing at home. Most cam bearings for the
car need to be sized after installation. Gone are the days when you
could get AE bearings which were pre-sized and usually didn't need
additional work.

Kelvin Dodd