[Mgs] Cam Bearings

Max Heim max_heim at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 25 10:40:12 MDT 2007

He may well be correct, if you are replacing the cam for reasons other than
wear. The reason cam bearings are habitually replaced during an engine
rebuild is not because they are usually worn out, but because they don't
survive the "hot tank" cleaning process. My wife used to have a Honda that
didn't even have cam bearings -- the cam journals ran directly on the
aluminum cylinder head casting.

You should be glad to save the expense and the bother -- fitting cam
bearings is a bit of a chore (consider where they are located).

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149