[Mgs] Cam Bearings

WSpohn4 at aol.com WSpohn4 at aol.com
Tue Sep 25 10:09:49 MDT 2007

In a message dated 9/25/2007 8:56:39 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
RonFineEsq at earthlink.net writes:

I  purchased a new cam (stock) and gave the machine shop that is machining  my
MGB engine a set of new cam bearings to install.  Now the machinist  is
telling
me I don't need new cam bearings.  I just assumed that if I  was installing a
new cam I should replace the bearings.  Should I  accept his advise or find a
new machine shop to install  them?

I assume that they didn't hot tank your block (why not?) or  you WOULD need
new bearings. If the old bearings are not scored and have the  correct
clearance, they guy at the shop is correct - no point in changing  them.

You should thank him - many shops would automatically change  them because
they could charge you for it, whether they needed it or not.

Bill