[Mgs] Old Gas

Monte/Jane Morris montejane at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 18:57:28 MST 2007

Two stories about this topic from Missouri.
First, I just started and drove my 79B after it had sat idle for over 7
months. The tank was half full; it did smoke some for a few minutes when I
first started it and let it idle. Drove it 8 miles to town and it ran fine.
Filled with new gas.
Secondly, I bought a new Yamaha generator for the RV a few years ago (it
holds about 2 gallons of gas). I gassed it up and ran it for 15 minutes to
make sure it worked and then it sat for a year with the gas in it. Tried to
start it and it wouldn't. Took it to the dealership and they put new gas in
it and it ran fine. They said they poured some of the old gas on the shop
floor and couldn't even get it to light with a match.
Monte