[Mgs] Old Gas

Dodd, Kelvin doddk at mossmotors.com
Tue Nov 13 13:55:57 MST 2007

It's times like this when I really miss my old Land Rover. It was the
patient recipient of many gallons of bad gas from "barn find" cars.
Mixed 50/50 with good gas, the old brute would stink the place up, but
never miss a beat.

Now if I have iffy gas the likely candidate is my Rover SD1 as 8
cylinders and 8.0:1 compression mean at least enough will fire to keep
the motor chugging along.

Don't put old gas into a single cylinder motor such as a lawn mower!
Here in California, even the gas from last season can cause problems and
prevent firing in a one lunger.

MMMMMMMM. I love the smell of bad gasoline in the morning.        It
smells like.........restoration in progress

Kelvin Dodd