[Mgs] Old Gas

The Roxter rocknatural at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 10:20:21 MST 2007

Ron Fine wrote:
> When is gas too old to use?  I have about half a tank of gas in my MGB that
> has been sitting for about 1 year.  I am finishing the rebuild of the engine
> and plan to fire it up later this month.  Should I dump the gas first or
> should it be OK.  I live in Los Angeles and the car has been stored outside
> during this period.
I had just filled up my Dodge Shadow when I broke an axle. It will be two years ago in December. The axle would not come out of the final drive, no matter what we tried; it might as well have been welded in there. I paid a friend to swap transmissions between that car and the parts car about a month ago and I have been driving it ever since. That gas is all used up now and the tank has been refilled. It ran fine, with no problems. I'm in Oklahoma.

-The Roxter