[Mgs] anemic running B

1971-red-mgb 1971mgb at cox.net
Sun Nov 4 18:49:25 MST 2007

o.k. folks, I need some help in diagnosing a problem on my MGB (engine is a
1969) , bottom line is the car is running anemic, here is what I did: changed
from HIF4 to HS4 carburetors, originally I was running with the standard
needle I then changed needles to the richer mixture, it didn't seem to make
any difference, I have K&N filters on the carburetors. The car is running as
if I were heading into a head wind, it appears that I have very little get up
and go in first and second gear, third gear gives me a little more giddy up
and go, on a flat surface the car runs great but as soon as I start going up
an incline the car looses speed and runs anemic, no matter how much I depress
the accelerator.  I'm thinking valves? need a compression check? going back to
the HIF4's? by the way timing is set pretty much dead on, if anything it may
be just a wee bit advanced.