[Mgs] 74 MGB - quick resto for resale

Rick Lindsay rolindsay at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 28 11:54:02 MDT 2007

My two cents:

+ Stick with the white paint, as advised below.  It
not only looks traditional British, it also hides many
paint woes.  Dark colors like BRG emphasize them.

+ Might go with a semi-gloss black, rather than high
gloss, on the bumpers.  Painting them will make a
WORLD of difference.

+ If you are not replacing rubber, mask it really
well.  Then, after paint, clean it briskly with
Windex.  Doing so will cut the oxidized layer of
rubber off and leave the moldings looking fresher.

+ 100% agree on new badges.  They add sparkle.

+ 100% agree on NOT spending $$ on lowering the car.
The rubber-bumper cars just look tall.  The buyer will
probably not notice the difference.

+ Tires good?  Clean and finished?  Wheels clean or do
they need a quick coat of 'wheel silver'?

+ Vacuum the carpets and spray with Fabreeze.  Treat
all rubber and vinyl bits with a dressing - especially
the sills.  They are the first invitation to get in
when the door is opened.

rick