[Mgs] naming cars (was MGB likes to lay a patch)

Aaron Whiteman awhitema at panix.com
Sat Jul 21 20:35:36 MDT 2007

On Jul 21, 2007, at 5:16 PM, David Breneman wrote:

> My MGA has a name: The MG.  It was named in honor of my first
> MG, The MG.  I do not anthropomorphize The MG.  It hates it
> when I do that.

My brother tends to come up with names for his cars, but I generally
don't

I have "the MG" and "the Scooby".

However, my coworkers and friends all feel that names for cars are
important, so the MG is also known as Penny Lane, and the Subaru is
also "the Outbike" (they wanted to refer to her as the Babyback, but
I wasn't having it).

However, while I don't generally refer to them by name, I refer to
both with gender. Both cars are most certainly "she".  Regarding the
MG, she knows when I get paid too.

--
Aaron Whiteman -- http://www.panix.com/~awhitema/
  '75 MGB (red for now), HIF4 carbs