[Mgs] naming cars

ptegler at cablespeed.com ptegler at cablespeed.com
Sat Jul 21 23:19:18 MDT 2007

Although I've 'named' my cars over the years... it's only because I needed
some way of differentiating one from another when talking about them with
the wife, friends and etc.  It started with 'the twins'  a pair of matching
'73 BGT's   YB and OB.  Yellow B and Orange B (well... Blaze Red)   Since OB
is still around...the name has been changed to OBIE

Since then...there has been The Black Beasty, Lil' Greenie and Lil' Whitey
(a pair of round wheel arch Midgets)  Lil' Whitey, ...as there was already a
Whitey in the driveway. ( a white '75 Spitfire)   Big Red... a Carmine Red
GT6 (6 cylinder...hence the 'big')

oh...true.... there has been The Bastard Child,  Rat, Cherry, Titlelus
(never had a title)  and the  latest and greatest.... Physics...but spelled
FIS6
which stands for Fuel Injected Spit 6.

So as to naming cars....  I never really put any thought into it. They
selected their own names out of necessity.  Someone 'not' into these cars
has no idea which car your talking about if you just say "..my BGT", when
they see you driving 5 of 6 different cars within the same summer.

If you have NEVER named a car.... personally I'd say there is a big piece of
'heart' missing from enjoying these old treasures.

fso   ymmv   jmmo

Paul Tegler
ptegler at cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com